United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Set objectives and strategy of the Information Technology Department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Oversees the technological infrastructure (Network and Computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT related projects
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to discover ways the Company would gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise Management and suggest required actions.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering etc or relevant discipline
- Master’s Degree or any relevant certification is an added advantage
- ITIL Certified Expert also an added advantage
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services, including Banking and Pensions
- Proven experience as a CIO or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications and leadership skills.
- Sound Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Good Analytical/Problem solving skills
- General Administration and Coordination skills
- Good Leadership/Coaching and Supervisory Skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Capacity for working within deadline
- Ability for good initiative and proactiveness
- Ability to quickly adapt to new process
- Strong Personality. Being Firm and Assertive
- Capacity to Manage and absorb pressure
- Team Building/Conflict Management Skills.
- Sound knowledge of financial services, including Banking and Pensions
- Good knowledge of the company’s Policies, Product Manuals, and procedures
- Good Understanding of the company’s Systems and Applications e.g., NAV, Finacle, U-direct
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good Understanding of PENCOM guidelines and Regulatory Requirements.
Application Closing Date