Nasarawa State College of Agriculture, Lafia was established in 1977 under the then ministry of Agriculture, Jos, Plateau State as a Training School. In view of the change of Status of the College of Agriculture to College of Agriculture, Science and Technology, the need for additional Departments and Programmes becomes imperative.
Consequently, the Governing Council of the College of Agriculture, Science and Technology Lafia, Nasarawa State hereby invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
- The College Librarian is the academic head of the College Library and is responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration of the College Library and Co-ordination of the College Library and information Services and the Teaching Units of the College.
Academic Professional Qualifications
Candidates for the position of the College Librarian must possess the following:
- A good First Degree in Library Science plus Masters Degree (MLS) with at least Fifteen (15) years cognate work experience in Library, five (5) of which must be unbroken service in a College of Technology or an institution of comparable or higher standing or PhD with at least Twelve (12) years of cognate working experience in Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution;
- Have NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption;
- A strong evidence of contribution to Library and Information field through research and publication in reputable journals;
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic and professional activities;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publication in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Evidence of Community Service;
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications and ICT;
- Be registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be of proven integrity, intellectually, professionally sound and physically fit; and
- Have good human relation.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years and no more effective from the date of appointment. The salary attached to this position is CONPCASS 9/9.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the College as stipulated in the College’s Conditions of service.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and Twenty (20) Copies of their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) which must include but not limited to the following:
- Full Name
- Post Applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality, State and Local Government Area of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Educational Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- List of Publications
- Academic and Professional Associations / Bodies
- Work Experience, Status and Salary
- Current Position and Salary
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Names and Address of Three (3) Referees.
- Applicants should indicate on the Top Left hand Corner of the envelope the post they are applying for.
- Applicants should also request their Referees to forward their confidential reports under confidential cover on their behalf directly to the Registrar, on or before the closing date.
- Applicants will be required to produce original of their Certificates and other Credentials at the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.