Security Officer at Plan International – TDPel Jobs
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Safety and Security Officer will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures for the Humanitarian Response Program with the support of the Safety and Security Manager.
Dimensions of the Role:
- This will involve, but not limited to: promoting a culture of security; security incident reporting; security guard oversight and management; monitoring and analysing the security situation in the state of humanitarian response, supporting the development and implementation of Security related Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Adamawa locations.
- The scope of responsibility is for both Plan International and all authorised visitors.
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Regular attendance at relevant security meetings and forums for the North East.
- Report on security incidents/threats to Security Manager be on a regular basis (including analysis of trends) and focal persons at the deep field level
- Effective networking with the military in different deep field locations
- Managing and maintaining effective use of security communication equipment in to support colleagues deployed to deep field locations across Adamawa state
- Performing location assessment in for Plan International in Adamawa state
- Managing and facilitating staff/partners’ movements from Yola to other locations in Adamawa and to other states in the North East
- Supporting visitors with post arrival briefing
- Working closely with Field Office Manager and community mobilization officer to drive acceptance of Plan International programme activities in Adamawa state
- Providing pre-alert to Security Manager on prospective security issues
- Ensure general staff safety and security in Adamawa state
- Deploy step down training under the guidance of the Security Manager
- Gathering vital information and intelligence for Security Manager’s use
- Ensure compliance of all SoPs such as office access SoP, movement SoP, curfew SoP, staff relation-community SoP
- Providing weekly situation report for the Security Manager
- Providing monthly incident report to the Security Manager
- Managing security information and communication effectively
- Drive hibernation and relocation when the context changes
- Continuously suggest safety and security infrastructure required for different locations according to emerging threat
- Manage and supervise guard force in the office premises
- Ensure access management into Plan offices and premises in these locations
- Obtain daily travel report affecting Plan International staff in their location of duty
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Security Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in occupational security and health & safety operations
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex and varied workloads, often to tight deadlines, in a dynamic, fragile and multi-cultural setting
- Ability to guide staff with limited security capacity
- Ability to predict and respond to security threats/incidents
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and trouble-shooting skills including negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record of undertaking similar assignments
- Strategic and critical skills – but also focused on operational results and ‘getting things done’
- Commitment to continuous learning; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in security
- Able to work independently but also collaborate closely within teams
- Ability to establish and sustain strong working relationships with Plan colleagues and in the broader Nigeria community/context
- Culturally and socially sensitive.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online